* We meet for 1 hour, 4 times a year and each member must bring a check for $100.00
* Every member can nominate local charities, non-profits, or worthy causes (no political contributions)
* Members who come to a meeting can put the name of the charity they want to speak about into the hat.
* Three (3) names of charities are drawn at random at each meeting.
* A member makes a 5-minute presentation about each cause (presentations are timed exactly 5 minutes)
* We all vote on which cause to support.
* The Top Vote-Getting charity then receives all the checks, made out to them on the spot!
* It is fast, simple & and amazingly effective!
* We invite you to attend anytime as a guest to see how it works and decide if the group is right for you!
* Each Member DONATES $100 per meeting (that comes out to just over $1 per day each year).
* Each of the three (3) charities selected from the hat on meeting night will be given 5 minutes to make a presentation at the meeting. (THIS PRESENTATION MUST BE MADE BY A MEMBER OF THE "Women Who Care" LOCAL ORGANIZATION).
* If you are unable to attend any given meeting during the year, please give your check to a member to deliver on your behalf, or mail your $100 made out to the selected charity to: Barb Mezeske, 10 Pepita Street, Fort Myers Beach, FL 33931.
* By ballot, the group will vote and the majority RULES. Even if you don't care for the choice, you must still donate. All checks go to ONE charity.
* No national charities will be considered; however local branches of National charities might be considered. The purpose is for 100% of the contributions to stay in Lee County, FL.
* Three (3) charities will be presented at each meeting.
* The Organization must agree NOT to use the names of future solicitations, nor give the information out to the public.
* One (1) year after being selected by the group, charities can re-submit their names for consideration.
*Absolutely no political contributions.
TO JOIN FMB Women Who Care, complete a Membership form and return it via mail, email, or bring it to the next meeting.
TO NOMINATE a charity for consideration, complete a Nomination Form and return it via mail or email at least two (2) days before the next meeting.
YOU MUST be a member to put a name in the hat and to speak about the charitable organization at the meeting.
That's It -- Pretty Simple…..
Yet So Rewarding to the Charities & the People Served!
Are you interested in making a positive impact within the Fort Myers Beach Community & Lee County? Do you have limited time & the resources to give? If so, then the "Fort Myers Beach Women Who Care chapter" might just be for you!
Founded in November 2019, the "Fort Myers Beach Women Who Care" is one of more than 350 similar groups located worldwide that focus on coordinating funding for local, community charitable organizations.
We gather at quarterly meetings for one (1) hour to hear 3 short presentations on local non-profits in need. Each presenter has 5 minutes (timed) to present their charity for consideration. Members vote and each Member writes their check for $100 DIRECTLY to the winning non-profit chosen for a collective, impactful donation. The charity receives the checks made out to them and can use the funds where they deem suitable within the organization.
The next General Membership Meeting of "Fort Myers Beach Women Who Care" will be held in February, 2021. Depending upon the stage of COVID-19 restrictions, our meeting will begin promptly at 6:00 p.m. at Waterside Building VIII -- Sunset Gulf, 4192 Bay Beach Lane, Community Room - Level A, Fort Myers Beach or via ZOOM. If there is to be an in-person meeting, a short social 1/2 hour will be held before the meeting. Please plan to arrive at 5:30 p.m. You are welcome to bring a beverage of your choice. A light snack will be provided.
This is a simplified way of giving without having to fundraise! And….since we meet only 4 times per year for 1 hour, your time is spent wisely.
Please RSVP to the sender of this invitation, so the Member can give your name to the security guard at the Waterside entry gate on the night of the meeting.
We look forward to seeing you!
Fort Myers Beach Women Who Care Committees & Members